[Source]You Need to Pay Attention to Michele Bachmann I know a lot of us aren’t that political, and many haven’t been paying much attention to the Republicans clawing all over each other for the presidential nomination next year, but if you have a Twitter account or read the news you have probably heard of Michele Bachmann, the congresswoman from Minnesota who is quickly floating to the top of the short list of GOP bigots likely to face Barack Obama at the ballot box next year.
You know Bachmann—she’s the one who married her queeny husband Marcus (who runs a clinic that offers “ex-gay” therapy for self-hating homos) after both of them experienced a vision from God. Well, despite the fact that she is a religious extremist with virtually no record of accomplishments in congress besides forwarding her hateful moral agenda, she won the Iowa Straw Poll over the weekend, one of the first real litmus tests to determine who is a “top tier” candidate for the 2010 election.
Here’s the thing about Michele Bachmann: she is not Sarah Palin. She is smarter, she’s more highly regarded, she has a more drive and she has none of Palin’s political baggage. She’s also about twice as crazy.
Want to know just how Bachmann feels about you? Here’s what she said in 2004 re: the gays:
“It’s a very sad life. It’s part of Satan, I think, to say that this is ‘gay.’ It’s anything but ‘gay.’ It leads to the personal enslavement of individuals. Because if you’re involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it’s bondage. It is personal bondage, personal despair, and personal enslavement. And that’s why this is so dangerous. We need to have profound compassion for people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life, and sexual identity disorders.”
Bachmann was faced with this gem as recently as this past weekend, when she appeared onMeet the Press after her Iowa victory, and she stood by it, adding stupidly, “I am not anyone’s judge.” In it, she displays her profound ignorance (or worse, her straight up denial of facts) by calling homosexuality a “dysfunction” and a “disorder”, despite the fact that the American Psychiatric Association declassified homosexuality as a disorder in 1973, with the American Psychological Association following suit a few years later.
We need to face a scary reality, guys. Barack Obama’s approval ratings have dropped below 40 percent, the lowest they have ever been. Meanwhile, Michelle Bachmann, even with her long history of documented bigotry, is well on her way to securing the nomination (with only Texas governor Rick Perry posing much of a threat now, and he’s about as bad as she is). Remember what happened in 2010, when the GOP took back the senate and the house? We need to face the real possibility that Michele Bachmann could be the next president.
She supports a federal ban on gay marriage. She has vowed to reinstate Don’t Ask Don’t Tell. She opposes ENDA, which would defend you from discrimination in the workplace. She thinks the love you share with your partner is Satanic, dysfunctional and sad. Under President Bachmann, you can expect the momentum toward full civil rights we have achieved over the past few years (with little thanks to President Obama, it’s true) to be rolled back. You’d see full Republican control of government, and the introduction and passage of who knows what kind of hateful legislation aimed and subjugating LGBT people even further.
You need to pay attention to Michele Bachmann in the coming months, as she calculates her way to the presidency. And you need to be terrified.
I HATE THIS VILE, NARCISSISTIC, SELF-HATING CUNT MORE THAN ANY OTHER LIVING HUMAN.
The fact she’s popular among any crowd terrifies the living shit out of me. If she becomes president we are in for a shit load of trouble and it scares me.
I know that no one should vote for a candidate solely based off of this, but I really am so afraid someone is going to win and seriously do harm to LGBT rights.
And every time I hear someone like Bachmann is so popular in the US of A I question whether or not I want to keep fighting to stay in this country. I am scared of how extreme the folks on the right have gotten in the past few years.
- mademoisellelindsay reblogged this from catindminor
- ilovemusic2502 likes this
- thepenguintrombonist reblogged this from lucyelizabeth and added:
- pinkybert reblogged this from lucyelizabeth
- inquisiteurs likes this
- lestr4wberry likes this
- thehistoricmermaid reblogged this from rragnhild
- youjusthadsomekindofmushroom reblogged this from fuckyeahlesbians and added:
- volans-stratus reblogged this from queenofthedifferentbreed
- plantaplanta likes this
- inertintrovertebrate likes this
- lilredrunning reblogged this from yearforadventure and added:
- yearforadventure reblogged this from iwannarun10k
- yearforadventure likes this
- aeedee reblogged this from thevelosarahptor
- who-or-what-am-i reblogged this from thevelosarahptor
- thevelosarahptor reblogged this from nooowestayandgetcaught
- nooowestayandgetcaught reblogged this from rosey-so-silly
- andbeam reblogged this from slakrr90
- crawledfrombelow reblogged this from musically-disturbed and added:
- mhsharmony reblogged this from ninjatrumpeteer
- afterthestorms reblogged this from quatschmitsauce
- afterthestorms likes this
- quatschmitsauce reblogged this from algenubi
- nothopeless reblogged this from nekomanko
- jennxsamoles reblogged this from figgarow
- kurovisu likes this
- mookoomie likes this
- selchieproductions likes this
- theroguekid likes this
- lifeunderumbrellas likes this
- lesserjoke likes this
- kitsunebellproductions reblogged this from gabbiness and added:
- briisoleil reblogged this from voilalasunshiine
- thetrilife likes this
- thetrilife reblogged this from frompresbytouni
- briperegrine reblogged this from notsosecretlyramona
- notsosecretlyramona reblogged this from superhomogay
- casperwild reblogged this from fuckyeahlesbians
- terminalautobot reblogged this from imissmypants
- allofmy-excess reblogged this from princessriverpark and added:
- princessriverpark reblogged this from hail-caesar and added:
- hail-caesar reblogged this from nobodyloves-no-one
- nobodyloves-no-one reblogged this from octobur-frost
- fuckyeahfreeman reblogged this from fuckyeahlesbians
- sightandfire reblogged this from awakemysoulawake
- awakemysoulawake reblogged this from whitewavvve
- blingostarr likes this
- thescienceofreality reblogged this from forgetmaenot
- unicorndestoryer reblogged this from stopthinkfeel